Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy, efficiency, reliability and safety. We are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
Do you want to take an active role in shaping the future of business aircraft?
Join the team that sets the industry benchmark in customer and market insight. With your help, we will develop and champion highly effective product, market and sales strategies that will secure Bombardier’s leadership position in Business Aviation.
The Manager, Product Planning and Strategy, leads a team that creates a vision for the future of the Bombardier Business Aircraft products, and manages this portfolio. You will provide world-class analysis and recommendations to make critical product decisions for all Bombardier business aircraft platforms.
You will be expected to develop our company’s product strategy based on a deep technical understanding and acute business acumen in key knowledge areas, such as:
Customer needs and expectations.
Market trends and competitive landscape
Key technologies and their applications in aviation
Cross-platform or cross-industry opportunities
Product Planning and Strategy is at the intersection of corporate strategy, business development and product expertise.
In your role, you will
• Manage a team of highly motivated professionals each having both strong technical and business expertise;
• Develop an overall product portfolio strategy for all Bombardier business aircraft;
• Specify customer and market requirements for current and future products;
• Focus product development efforts on customer needs while drawing on a detailed understanding of competitor’s products, evolving customer needs, industry trends, and emerging technologies related to business aircraft
• Lead the creation of the product enhancements roadmap for various aircraft capabilities (avionics, cabin interiors, connectivity and performance) based on value creation
• Work with engineering specialists and leaders and other key partners to drive the implementation of the product enhancements roadmaps
• Conduct customer feedback activities through focus groups, trade-shows, surveys, etc.
• Provide deep technical insight on Bombardier and competitor products
• Develop and implement company-wide go-to-market plans that maximize market impact (including positioning, pricing, key messaging, training of sales force, etc.)
• Support sales activities through deep technical product knowledge
As our ideal candidate
• You hold a university degree in Engineering, preferably mechanical or aerospace with a minimum of five to ten years (5-10) years of experience in aerospace including a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a management role
• You hold an MBA – alternatively significant business experience is a requirement (an asset)
• You have prior experience in marketing, product strategy or market analysis
• You have a passion for aviation, particularly business aircraft and emerging technologies
• You have a robust technical understanding of aircraft performance, avionics, cabin interiors, and various other aircraft systems
• You are able to manage initiatives of a technical, financial, marketing and general business nature
• You have strong corporate agility, strong soft skills, credibility, and the persuasiveness required to influence decisions without having formal authority
• You can summarize multifaceted situations concisely and emphasize the significant elements and take-aways
• You have strong business & financial acumen, a strategic mindset, and easily switch between micro and big picture view
• You have strong oral and written English communications skills. Functional French communication skills are required.
• You have the ability to present complex ideas to a senior audience in a compelling manner, and are also capable of presenting products to a refined, distinguished audience, such as business aircraft customers
Your leadership, strategic ability, business acumen, professionalism, and perseverance make you an ideal candidate for this role.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age immigration status, disability or other applicable legally protected Characteristics to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Join us at https://bombardier.com/en/careers/career-opportunities
Your ideas move people.
Job Manager Engineering, Product Planning and Strategy
Primary Location Administrative Centre (CA)
Organization Aerospace Canada
Shift Day job
Employee Status Regular