Requisition ID: 141101
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Validation Officer contributes to the overall success of the Dealer Finance Centre (DFC) in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The Validation Officer is responsible for completing verification and validation of information contained in approved indirect loan / lease agreement and related supporting documents prior to release of funds to automotive dealership.
1. Perform all verification activities related to approved Indirect Loans and Leases received for funding by:
2. Ensure all lease documents are within Bank guidelines and meet the Bank’s contractual obligations to the Residual Value Insurer including:
• Requesting documentation from dealerships to obtain guarantees to cover higher residual values (in excess of standard Insurer-approved residual values) which usually arise out of customer/dealer disputes or dealerships staff errors; • Ensuring that all lease-end values are within Bank and/or Residual Value Insurer guidelines;
3. Resolve all identified discrepancies by:
4. Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.by:
5. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct by:
Review Down payment amount and/or source. Where outside of AML Guidelines, recommend completion of UTR (Unusual Transaction Report) form to DFC Compliance Officer;
6. Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
Education / Experience / Other Information
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Hamilton
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.