Accountant – Construction Industry
Time to take your exceptional accounting skills into an exciting company!
On behalf of our client in the construction industry, we are looking for an Accountant based in Halifax. The Accountant is responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the company to ensure long-term success and stability. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, is self-driven, and a natural leader.
· Communicate routinely with Project Managers on a variety of job-related topics including bonding, insurance and contract agreements.
· Participate in the formation and implementation of company financial plans.
· Preparation of all quarterly financial reports.
· Work with outside accounting/financial firms on annual yearend review.
· Provide reporting and budgeting as required by Senior Management.
· Manage company and project cash flow.
· Perform all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
· Work with project management staff ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and analyzing job cost estimates and reports monthly.
· Develop written accounting procedures for the operations staff and work with the team to ensure proper implementation and compliance.
· Creating new accounting/operations procedures to prepare and manage rapidly growing entity and the evolving business structure.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key partners including banks, title companies, etc. that will support and grow the business.
· Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
· A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
· A minimum of 3 years of progressive accounting experience.
· At least 2 years of relevant industry experience (construction management, general contracting, or subcontracting).
· Experience with job cost accounting and financial reporting, and an understanding of commercial insurance policies.
· Experience with Jonas Accounting software is a strong asset.
· Strong communication, analytical, and leadership skills are required.
For additional details, please contact Cynthia McCutcheon at Summit Search Group directly: [email protected] or call 902 405 3607.
Please note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.