Contract Research Support Specialist
Work Wellness Institute
Work Location: Work Wellness Institute, Burnaby BC (work can be performed remotely)
Since its inception in 1985, the Work Wellness Institute has been a committed Canadian applied health centre both conducting and supporting research that promotes supportive workplace health practices.
As a not-for-profit, much of our research depends on support from grants. We are hiring a Research Support Specialist to help us draft documents that will support us in our quest to secure grants. This will include working with our research department to determine what the current priorities are in Canada related to Work Wellness and drafting background documents (such as 2-page reports).
This position is available for 3 months. Remote work is possible within Canada.
· Work with the research department to establish research topics for grant submissions
· Research a topic that is a priority for Work Wellness in Canada
· Draft short reports as background documents for grant submissions
· Work with a Grants Specialist (within the Work Wellness Institute) to ensure all background material necessary for grant submission is obtained
· Bachelor degree in a relevant field (e.g., Social Sciences, Humanities, and Science)
· Two years experience working in a research environment (e.g., as a Research Assistant or Research Coordinator)
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Dr. Janessa Griffith, Research Director at [email protected] workwellnessinstitute.org. Thank you for your interest in Work Wellness Institute. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Date: February 15 (Negotiable)
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: $25.00-$31.25 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-06
Expected start date: 2023-02-15