Job Title: National Account Manager
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Welcome to Lactalis Canada – where we take pride in being recognized as one of Forbes’ 2022 top employers! Our journey revolves around enhancing the lives of Canadians through a rich variety of dairy delights, including some of Canadian’s favourite dairy brands such as like Black Diamond Cheese, Lactantia Milk, Astro Yogurt, Balderson Cheese, and Cheestrings. In fact, we’re proud to say our products grace the shelves of an incredible 94% of Canadian households!
With a 140-year legacy driven by innovation and unwavering quality, we’re seeking like-minded individuals to join us in shaping our next chapter. Our flexible hybrid work model accommodates 40% remote work, adapting to the evolving needs of our workforce. Step into a collaborative hub with our revamped office, and enjoy free parking, endless coffee, delicious Lactalis snacks, an on-site gym, and more!
About the opportunity:
The National Account Manager is accountable and responsible for managing all aspects of the business relationship including negotiating category agreements, pricing / data integrity, and communication with the sales team on branded and private label products for a national customer.
The attributes we are looking for:
1. Lead the customer in the development and execution of national sales strategies for Lactalis categories that maximize volume, profitability and share results across Canada through monitoring financial results and consumer consumption data /market analysis, and making strategic recommendations (e.g. marketing methods, managing product mixes) to achieve agreed targets.
2. Negotiate product category agreements with the customer’s National Buying and Procurement office as required. This includes conducting category reviews, developing formal financial proposals, interaction with Lactalis Regional Sales Managers/Key Account Managers, recommending pricing strategy and obtaining approval from Trade Marketing, Marketing and Finance.
3. Provide advice and guidance in the development of the Lactalis and the customer’s Annual Business Plans for branded & private label by validating future trade strategies and identifying key category opportunities. Ensure follow-up of the strategic execution and achievement of agreed upon the Plan.
4. Accountable for aligning the divisional and customer strategies to achieve Lactalis’ KPI’s.
5. Lead in establishing Lactalis as a preferred supplier in assigned categories on a national basis by negotiating agreements either as preferred or exclusive based on the opportunity and corporate priorities and maximize the Lactalis portfolio availability within the customer.
6. Present category reviews to National Buying office/ Central Procurement at time of business reviews or launch of new product by analyzing internal, customer specific and market data. Develop presentations and include input from cross-functional team members for presentations. Identify issues and opportunities to further develop Lactalis business results.
7. Work with the Private Label team to develop new and existing private label products for customers. This includes negotiating price, product type, formula, and coordinating information and needs between trade marketing and the customer, coordinating packaging development and packaging transition, implementing price increases, and following up on price discrepancies.
8. Responsible for all customer forecasting, deductions and KPI initiatives through the support of direct and indirect cross functional teams.
9. May manage professional sales staff by hiring, reviewing performance, and providing feedback, determining training and development needs, and providing coaching and work direction.
10. Act as liaison between the customer’s National Buying office and Lactalis sales team (i.e. Regional Sales Managers, and Field Representatives) to communicate information/data (e.g. pricing, product codes) and issues.
11. Implement price increases by coordinating information with Lactalis Trade marketing and Key Account Managers and submitting to National Buying office. Act as liaison between customer and Trade Marketing to finalize price.
What you will bring:
Education & Experience
· University or College Degree
· Three to five years experience effectively managing major national key accounts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Strong analytical, planning and presentation skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office products and the Internet
· Strong Customer focus
· Strong category management skills
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and demands.
· Ability to penetrate customer beyond immediate contact and build relationships such that Lactalis objectives are achieved.
· Ability to lead, train and develop direct reports if applicable
What Lactalis will offer:
Lactalis Canada believes in rewarding its people with the following comprehensive benefits package and perks:
Our ESG commitment:
Our ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) roadmap drives our sustainability mission. We aim to positively impact communities and the planet by enabling stakeholders including our people, consumers, customers, suppliers, dairy farmers, government, and industry partners to have a positive impact on the wellbeing of our communities and the planet through all that we do.
At Lactalis Canada, we value our employees as catalysts for positive change. Together, we will create a sustainable future, promote belonging, and make a lasting impact on the world.
Our commitment to DEI:
Fuel Our Culture with Your Uniqueness! Lactalis thrives on the value each person brings. We’re dedicated to amplifying diverse voices, inviting personal and professional growth, and embracing everyone’s true selves. We’re committed to crafting an environment that genuinely welcomes all, reflecting the richness of our people and communities.
Our promise extends to accessible processes and spaces. If you require accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary, or permanent), please inform our Talent Acquisition team – confidentiality will be maintained.
Note: Lactalis Canada does not conduct credit or background checks through LinkedIn. If required, we’ll contact you after signing a Job Offer.